Saturday, November 21, 2015

WELCOME to Extraordinary Life, Not Ordinary

My life is anything but "normal". Man, how I crave normal somedays, but that's not the life that I was given.


My husband and I are raising a miracle boy who is a warrior... he has received over 9 miracles in this lifetime and outlived his prognosis by more than 7 years now. He is 9 years old, medically-fragile, terminally-ill and living with Leigh's Disease. We have chronicled our journey from the beginning, and we hope it helps other families know they are not alone on this scary road. You can check out that part of our life here: www.babybraden.blogspot.com


After infertility and miscarriage, we embarked on the journey to adopt. Through adoption, you can set all sorts of criteria for for the child you want, the type of family you want to work with, where the family is from, etc. We established a set of criteria and quickly learned that God had other plans for us than we knew!! We have adopted a beautiful mixed-race baby girl, and still have hopes of adopting a son in the next few years. Adoption is NOT for the faint of heart. It is not easy, there is loss, uncertainty, and JOY. Oh the joy. I haven't made many blog posts on our journey, I mostly used social media. Here is our Facebook link: and a few blog posts here: http://toughloves.blogspot.com

On this "Tough Loves" blog I also talk about what it is like to mentor the next generation. My husband employs over 200 young people every semester at LSU since 2002, and I spent nearly 9 years at LSU managing over 150 student employees. We have learned a LOT about how this generation differs from others, how to bring out the best in them, how to provide guidance and discipline to prepare them for real world scenarios and be productive employees. It has been these experiences that also has prepared us on how we want to raise our own children to be best prepared for life out of the nest!

My "therapy" and passion is in the kitchen. I love to cook, and my specialty is taking those time tested family recipes and finding ways to make them in 30 minutes or less. Easy, healthy meals for families on the go. More recently, I was diagnosed with IBS, lactose intolerance, soy intolerance and gluten sensitivity - so I like finding yummy recipes to fix up and share for others on the same journey. I do have a cookbook available, self-published as a fundraiser for my son's medical expenses. You can find some of my recipes here: http://saygracechef.blogspot.com Soon I will be embarking on making organic baby food for our newest addition to the family, so I plan on sharing some of that journey too.

I love to save money, and am a bargain shopper. I am not an extreme coupon or anything, but I like to share little tips I've learned about saving on every day products for life on a budget. I am also a "Black Friday Ninja"... and will share some of my stuff with you here!

I am a God-fearing, people-loving human who loves to serve others. My spiritual journey has been long, and I have learned much along the way. I hope to share some of what God is revealing to me here, and on my blog focused on the battles of the spirit "Armored and Dangerous: Awakening the Warrior Woman of God". http://kodiwilson.blogspot.com

I have a long career in marketing, event planning, sales, business strategy and planning that includes social media, web development, SEO and app development. I have presented at nearly every convention and conference I have attended, and have been teaching these topics for over 13 years. I have garnered the highest possible achievement as College Media Advisor of the Year, and have a proven track record in sales management and new product development. I will probably use this blog to discuss some of those things that might be helpful to the general population or small business owner here. I will especially love to share what i have learned that will help young people take steps to build the best possible career track for themselves and share tips on creating digital profiles here too. Just shoot me a question, and I may even do a whole post about it.

This jack of all trades is ready for your questions, and I hope you look forward to this melting pot of a blog!! :-)

Be blessed!
Kodi L. Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment